Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Come on now, and let me tell ya

Hello, world.

I have a lot of thoughts running through my head, a lot of things happening in my life, and I am now going to start writing them down.  A lot of things tie together, somehow. This is the place to wander the road with me.

The first posts that will be coming soon will be about my favorite band: Led Zeppelin. I was recently asked by someone: "Why Led Zeppelin?"  The answer is complex and lies in their music and my life.  I have been asked about their songs. I have been asked about the players. I have used their lyrics to explain a mood that I am in.  The posts aren't going to be technical in a music sense, where I talk about how Jimmy Page brilliantly used a banjo string on his guitar and how it changed the tone of the Gmin7 chord. My insight is from the words, the symphony and the story they tell together.

I hope you enjoy the journey. I'm glad to have you with me.


4 comments:

  1. Proud congratulations, sir.
    I recognize that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, twice (for your kind words, and for capturing that photo)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting sober. I've been a Zep fan since I was around 5. The first album really grabbed me. Their music has been with me through the ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, and thanks for coming by. Zeppelin really is a steady for me. This project has been fun because I'm back into it more and more every day, and really look forward to the time I am now setting aside to listen.

    ReplyDelete