Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Zeptember 15, 2015: Kashmir

Marathon
Epic
Journey
Hot

These words come to mind when the opening chords of Kashmir are struck.  I'm transported away from where I am to somewhere else; somewhere desolate, barren, no roads in sight.

Music and books have the ability to do that to me.  Yes, sometimes it is great to have a movie do that for me; take me away, stop my thinking and let someone else tell the story.  I've always been a voracious reader, and recognized that magic early on, especially when I got into The Lord Of The Rings.    Kashmir, from the first time I heard it, had the ability to pull me away from wherever I was at and bring me around the world in an instant.  I am sure that what I imagine in my head is a far cry from what it is actually like in Kashmir, but who cares.  The music is magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment